Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Models & Celebrities Before Photoshop

This will blow your mind. Next time you drive home past all those billboards of perfect women unconciously absorbing all those images. Try to remember that they're not real, especially before you tut-tut as you look at your dishevelled wife at the end of a long day of juggling kids. They're not real. This my lame theory (similar to the Chaos theory except you don't need much intelligence to come up with it). We are inundated with images of perfection. A perfection that doesn't exist, but nonetheless of unblemished youthfulness (even in old Liz Hurley - who I saw in London the day she and Hugh split up - when will I learn to control my overwhelming alpha male attractiveness - but I digress). In the past. You'd live in some village. Of eligible women, there would probably be twenty. All pretty average looking right. So it's all relative. Oh yes, you may hear stories of the stunning women that lives in some town 6 days walk away, but you'd never actually see her. So you go back to your dumpy disheveled wife and you'd be content. And she'd definitely be pretty much the only naked woman you saw, unless you were terribly rich or deviant, so you'd get pretty excited about the whole thing. Also being dead by forty really helps. But now you have visual access to the most beautiful women on this planet, and on a constant basis. You see them bent over, in bikinis, naked, in showers..... ok I'm back. So you go back to your disheveled wife, and you're unhappy. You feel that you're missing out. Or she tries to keep up and she's what Tom Wolfe called, a social x-ray. Her botox face drooling everytime she has a few too many drinks (it's true - look out for it next time). Your daughter is puking up her dinner. And your son just got pec implants. But it's ok, your doing "research" on the internet and musn't be disturbed. "Another late night at the old computer honey... I'm pooped.. oh .. uh.. no I'm tired honey.... tough day at the office tomorrow.... sorry... I guess I do smell like nivea.... gotta keep youthful..ehhehhe....g'night. Very long way round. I know. If you were clever you would have skipped all this and just clicked the title to get to the link. Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm talking to myself. http://glennferon.com/portfolio1/index.html Enjoy. Bujacob